What I am thankful for in 2020
We can all agree that 2020 was a dumpster fire of all dumpster fires. It was one of the worst years ever, but we managed to get through it. I started off the year with my very first hospital admission ever, 2000 miles from home with no insurance. If that wasn’t an omen I don’t know what is. And it went downhill from there.
However, I do have somethings to be thankful for in 2020. Believe it or not! While it sucked there were some good things that I’m happy about.
- The podcast gang – This year saw us really cement the podcast and do some great shows. It has to do with the guys on the show as much as the topics. Each guy brings something different to the table. Our group tests have been amazing and have kept me sane in 2002. I love every guy on the show.
- The podcast itself – I never thought the podcast would really resonate with people. I thought it will be a bunch of guys talking undies. However, we have received some of the most amazing feedback from you guys. It’s not just us talking undies but opening up and sharing who we are and showing that guys aren’t alone!
- Andy aka ScruffyGay and Erik aka Undies Geek – these two have been amazing. I love these two guys so much Not only have they been there since we started up the podcast again but they are such amazing friends that we grew a lot closer during the pandemic.We have big things planned so watch out.
- Stevie aka Undies Cub – Where do I begin with this boy? He’s become a fast friend over the last year and one person I consider a confidant. If you think the convos we have on Barely Brief are soul baring just think of what we do when it’s just us. Stevie is one of the few people who gets me and sees me for me. That is good and bad lol, but he’s honest and someone I can depend on
- The UNB Store – I never wanted to do a store. People had been after me for years to do one. But the stars aligned in 2019 and I stated it. It’s a lot of ups and downs over the last year but without it, I would have been in bankruptcy. The longer I have the store the more I want to do it full time. It’s not easy and it’s a lot of work, but you have to stick with it, it’s a marathon and not a sprint. I remind myself when it’s a bad week or month.
- Men and Underwear Store – The owner of this store, we have a special bond. We both started blogs then stores. Over the last year we have been each others biggest supports and cheerleaders. We check in a few times a week and encourage each other through the good and bad of owning a store. It’s great to have someone to talk to about business and vent some. We will keep teaming up on 2021 and do some great things.
- Art – At the end of the year I rediscovered my creative side. I started to do artwork featuring men in undies and nudes. This moved to wedding art as well. I am developing my own style and the creativity it has brought me has surprised even me. Thanks to Danny Warhole for encouraging me to go for it and have fun. Also, thanks to Emmitt who designed the Speedo Movement swim brief for encouraging me too.
- New friends, I made in 2020 – Since the pandemic, I have tried to make more friends in undies and put myself out there more. I’m always the ‘behind the scenes” kind of guy. The blog was never about me directly and I kept it more journalistic. I decided to change that with the podcast and blog. Over the last year I have met people like Danny & Joe, Patrick & Anthony, UnderwearBear27, UndieDude24, 2Beefy2Thicc, ScruffyunderwearJock, Chithonger (we were friends but I couldn’t leave him out), and the list goes on and on. Love you all.
Let’s hope we get that vaccine and can go back to somewhat normal in 2021.