State of Men’s Underwear Market – Part 2
Earlier this week, I posted about supporting your favorite small brands and stores. I asked around the industry this week to see how everyone is doing. Most brands are extremely down in sales. Brands that have 20-30 orders a day have gone days without a sale. This isn’t isolated to one brand; many brands are down 75% or more.
Go Softwear sent out this email this week:
- Here at GO SOFTWEAR/AMERICAN JOCK Clothing, we have been thinking about our customers, employees and others in the community. We wanted to take this opportunity to inform you of how the following days and weeks will transpire as we work through this critical moment. The following are some of the steps we are taking to protect our business, employees and deliver the best service to all our customers. Our offices will be open for business until Thursday March 19, 2020 and will be closed (in accordance with local agency guidelines) from March 20, 2020 through April 1, 2020 until further notice.
- Our website will be fully functioning, up and running making sure the products you love are available, ready to ship at the fastest way possible
- We are following all the proper guidelines and best practices from our local agencies as well as those from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO)
As we weather through this current and daily changing crises, we are confident that we will prevail through this difficult period and want to thank all our customers for their continued support.
Take care of yourself and each other,
GO SOFTWEAR/AMERICAN JOCK Team
They are one of the first brands that I have heard that has to shut down. This means that there will be no or limited orders shipping and no new production. Go Softwear makes their undies/gear in house in LA. I’m sure they will not be the only brand that will be forced to shut down in the days or weeks to come.
So how can you help?
- Buy if you can – I know not everyone can shop, especially if you are out of a job yourself. But, if you are working from home and your income is not affected, pick up a few pairs from your favorite brands or stores.
- Buy at full price – I know we all love a deal, but in times like this, buying full price will give more money to the brand/store. I”m not saying buy everything full price but throw in a pair or two so they can get a higher profit margin.
- Encourage friends to buy – If you can’t buy and you have friends who love undies/gear, encourage them to buy right now.
- Share Brands Social Posts – Whether you can buy or not, share brands’ social posts on Facebook, Twitter, IG, and anywhere else, you can share them.
I will not be surprised if we see a few brands and stores go out of business after this crisis. Most brands are very small businesses that don’t have vast financial reserves. If you love a brand, it’s never been more critical to support them.