New Model Interview – Simon Marini
Posted On August 3, 2017
We got a chance to interview a new model coming on the scene. You have seen him in a recent shoot with Jockstrap Central. That model is Simon Marini. I think we will see a lot more of him in this industry and you can say you saw him on UNB before he got HUGE. We got to ask him some questions so you guys can get to know him better.
Why did you want to get into modeling? Why underwear/swimwear underwear/swimwear?
I always admired models, never thought it was something I could actually do. I grew up with a lot of insecurity, dealt with anxiety and depression as well. I actually got into stripping while in a group counseling course for anxiety and depression, it was something I always wanted to try, so I forced myself into it as a sort of exposure therapy to overcome social anxiety. Given the certain negative connotations that go with stripping I knew it wasn’t something I wanted to do forever, so I felt modeling was the perfect next step, and with the confidence, I gained from stripping I finally felt like it’s something I could do.
You are a relatively new model, what do you think are your best qualities for modeling?
Good question haha, I still feel like I don’t know what I’m doing at most shoots. I’m told I’m a natural though, and apparently, have a great profile, so let’s go with that.
You have done a few shoots with Jockstrap Central, what was it like to work with them?
Working with Jockstrap Central was great! The shoots were a blast, very relaxed and fun.
Underwear has many styles from boxer briefs to thongs. Do you have any pairs you don’t want to wear on a shoot?
I’m always down for whatever the photographer feels will look best.
Are there any underwear/swimwear brands you’d love to work with? Why?
I’ve worn 1 pair of Oryx in a shoot and they were crazy comfortable, really liked them, would proudly rep their brand. Other than that it’s been cool to work with Calvin Klein, simply to follow in Marky Mark’s shoes (or undies I guess lol).
Since you are new tell us about what you do in your spare time and what are your passions. We heard you have a background in MMA.
Well, I’m kinda boring haha. I work as a personal trainer so I basically live in the gym. I just got a new old English Bulldog puppy, so she absorbs a lot of my free time now as well. Other than lifting and puppy cuddles though I enjoy just hanging out with friends.
I used to fight professionally, I had 15 pro MMA fights in my career, with my last bout being with Bellator. It was a fun ride, but along the way I got burnt out and lost my passion and drive for it so eventually just hung up my gloves. I still train occasionally, but nothing too serious.
What type of fitness regime do you do to keep in shape, and does it change when you do a shoot?
I’m usually in some kind of lean bulking program. My goal is to be HUGE, but I don’t like putting on too much fluff so it’s a slow and constant battle. When I have a shoot coming up I may increase my cardio a bit, but most of the changes occur in my diet. A bit of carb restrictions, and just overall tightening up of everything.
Models can’t always eat great what is your favorite guilty pleasure in food?
Burgers, pizza, and cheesecake. I could eat those in endless amounts haha.
We are an underwear blog so what makes up your underwear drawer? (what percentage of briefs, boxer briefs, jocks, thongs do you have?)
I pretty much solely own boxer briefs. They’re the most comfortable in my opinion, especially since I’m almost always in the gym.
What is one word that describes you?
Real. I tend to be very open and honest, no bullshit, and no sugar-coating.
If you were stranded on a deserted island what is one thing you must have with you?
A very attractive, short blonde, with a big squat booty lol
What is your favorite color
What is a fact about you that would surprise our readers? (are you shy? Love disco? Know all the words to Star Wars?)
Well given that I’ve fought professionally and stripped professionally, it’s probably surprising that I’m still shy lol.
Quick Fire Questions:
- Thong or jock? Jock
- What was the last movie you saw? War for the planet of the apes
- Swim Brief or Trunk for the beach? Brief
- What is your favorite movie? Too hard of a question! Always changing lol
- Do you work out in the morning, afternoon or night? Cardio and abs in the morning. Weights either afternoon or evening, or both.
- Would you ever wear a swim thong? Totally would, if only for the comic relief
- What color swim do you look best in? I’m gonna say purple just cause it’s my favorite color, but to be honest I have no clue
- Favorite beach in the world? Havent been to many beaches in the world so hard to say. However, the one in the movie The Beach with DiCaprio looked pretty damn amazing lol
- Dream trip you’ve always wanted to take? Well since I just mentioned it, wherever they went in that movie would be unreal. Live off the land in a gorgeous beach paradise, surrounded by fields of weed.
- Fav style of underwear? (Brief, bikini, thong, jock, etc) Boxer briefs
- Cats or dogs? Dogs all the way. I’d take dogs over people lol
- Comedy or Drama? Comedy most of the time
- Would you be the only guy on the beach in a swim brief? Wouldn’t bother me if I was
What are your goals for modeling?
The main goal is to just have fun. But if modeling could help me build and grow my online fitness/nutrition/lifestyle coaching that would be incredible.
Where can our readers find you on the net and social media?
Still in the process of getting a website going, but you can find me on Instagram @vitruvianhulk