Site New: Sponsored Posts Policy
We have been debating doing sponsored posts for a while. We finally came up with an idea that would be good for brands and our readers. Our idea is to promote sales that brands and retailers have on our blog. This doesn’t mean we won’t be doing out Sales Briefs on big holidays. Our Black Friday/Cyber Monday are ones people look forward to all the time. Other holidays such as 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day and more.
How can you tell it’s a sponsored post?
- Before any text starts it will say sponsored post
- They will run at 10 AM slot. This may change, if it does this page will be updated.
- The posts will be tagged “Sponsored Posts”
What is a sponsored post?
- Posts that were paid for by a brand or retailer
- It can be content UNB creates or the brand.
- The goal is for the post to drive traffic and sales for the sponsor
Why Did you do sponsored posts?
- We needed ways to monetize the site more then we were doing.
- I felt this was the best way to do it and keep our objectivity.
- UNB will still remain independent and have our own opinions. And keep sharing them
- I also believe that an ad for a sale is something you guys won’t mind seeing more often.
- Our current advertisers get free spaces while other brands will pay for the space.
Our content won’t change from what you expect from UNB. Just know many of our 10 AM post will be sponsored. They will say so! Plus, they will be for sales that we know you guys will love as well. So hopefully this will be a Win-Win-Win. A win for you guys to get great undies, A win for us to monetize the site more and a win for brands who will get more sales!