What do you guys find most annoying about Underwear?
We all love underwear! We have a our favorite styles, colors and brands. However, there are things we really don’t like in underwear. You guys have very specific things you hate. Many of you aren’t afraid to share it in our survey. This year we had some new things get reported and other things were similar to last year. One big difference from last year, is you guys really voiced yourselves very well. Many of you were very specific about what things you don’t like. Fell free when we do a survey to tell us exactly what annoys you.
Let’s Look at the overall list. This was a question without any prefilled answers. This all came from you guys. There were some similarities that most guys shared and some very specific ones we have never had before. Here is the broad view of the data:
Aren’t bar graphs sexy? I’m a little rusty with Excel and had to wrestle with it to give me this graph!
Most Annoying Factors:
- Sizing is the biggest issue you guys have by far. It mainly centered around no universal sizing charts for brands. How things differ from brand to brand and country to country. You guys want better sizing across the board. This is a big ask and I’m afraid to say that it won’t be changing anytime soon.
- You maybe thinking this is about guys well endowed. We did have some guys complain about that, but for the most part it was guys wanting a supportive pouch. Regardless of endowment, a good and defined pouch is top of the list. Most reported they hate when a pouch looses its shape as well.
- This one had several issues. The two things that stuck out the most were seams and leg openings. You guys hate seams that are sewn bad. Ones that are itchy and are abrasive. The other issue are leg openings. Specifically ones that are tight and restricting. This included briefs and boxer briefs.
Support and Comfort
- This is a given I think in great underwear. Many mentioned underwear that looses its shape when wearing it. You guys want underwear that fits well and holds up to your day. Regardless of if you are at home, work or at the gym. Personally, I think this has a lot to do with construction, fabric and design.
- This is one of my big ones. It made our list again this year. Nothing can ruin a pair of underwear more than a bad tag. I have had ones that fit amazing and then a tag that is itchy or scratchy, just ruins it. A few of you guys mentioned this alone. Several just put “tags.”
You guys told us some new things this year that haven’t been on our list last year. While not in the top 5, we wanted to showcase some of these that are new!
- Ok, I didn’t know what else to call it. But this year we saw a growth in guys who hate underwear that rides up when they have junk in the trunk. This was number 7 on our list. Guys with fuller backsides face different issues than those who don’t.
- This year you guys pointed out how guys should be able to buy underwear in mainstream stores. You guys want to be able to go out and buy what you want where you want. Without any judgement or being called “gay.” Women can buy anything at Victoria’s Secret, and you guys want that freedom.
- This mirrors above to some extent. You guys mentioned that many stores have a lack luster selection of underwear. We aren’t talking underwear stores but big department stores. They just carry a few brands. Also included are styles as well. A few pointed out that stores don’t sell thongs for men. I wasn’t expecting this in the survey but great to see!
- This showing 1 person pointed this out but I think there were two. This basically is having a supportive partner who appreciates your love of underwear. Someone you can share it with. This spans both gay and straight guys. We have heard it the last few years on both sides. Although, I think more has to be done on the straight side. We all want a supportive partner in things we like!
These are the things you guys have issues with undies. It’s great to find out what you guys like and don’t like. We hope to share some of this info with brands so they can use the feedback in underwear designing for the future.