Happy National Underwear day
Happy National Underwear Day! Today is the one day we get to celebrate all things underwear. We want to know how you plan on celebrating this day!
If you are in New York City go wear your underwear to the World’s Largest Gathering of People in Underwear.
- August 5th, 2013 5:00pm–7:30pm EST.
- Times Square at Broadway between 46th and 47th St.
There are some rules from FreshPair.com:
We encourage you to show your individuality and confidence by wearing your favorite undies, but in order to break the Guinness World Record we all must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Men must be wearing underpants, boxers, boxer briefs or briefs. They cannot be wearing shirts, undershirts, or jock straps.
- Women must wear underpants, thongs (not too revealing; allowed on a case-by-case basis), shapewear or boyshorts (that are clearly underwear). Shirts or full coverage bras are also permitted.
- All participants can wear socks and shoes.
- If it rains, ponchos are not permitted but umbrellas are.
- Remember that, although the National Underwear Day event is 18+ years of age, Times Square is a family-friendly location. Be courteous, but have fun. Wear fun undies, but keep in mind revealing items may be offensive to some.
- Nudity is strictly prohibited. Although it’s not illegal to go topless in NYC, Times Square is a family-friendly location so we should all be considerate of non-NUD participants, passers-by, and tourists.
- National Underwear Day is all about public displays of confidence (#PDC) but public displays of affection, towards any participants, are discouraged.
If you’re like me and can’t go, enjoy some great underwear on the day. Have a great National Underwear Day!