Gregg Homme 2012 Collection – Notes from Curve
This year at Curve, I got a chance to sit down with Gregg Homme and see the new line. I will admit this is one of the best things about the blog, seeing undies months before the general public. Gregg Homme always swears me to secrecy until the line comes out. So, if you ask me, I will deny everything!
The new line really impressed me. It’s a very cohesive underwear collection. Everything to me flows together. There are many times I go and see collections and they are not designed to work together. To borrow something from Project Runway, I could see one guy owning every piece of this collection.
Gregg Homme really excels at fabric selection. I got to try the Voyeur brief and it felt amazing to me. It was super stretchy and conformed to my body. Other pairs in the collection share this care for fabric selection.
I have said this many times and will continue to say, “Gregg Homme does sexy, and does sexy well.” All too often you buy a super sexy pair of underwear and get through the day and it just fails. I doubt you will have this from Gregg Homme. Well, you could wear the Master to work; wearing armbands attached to your underwear could be a bit much. However the arm cuffs do detach!
This week each day we have more and more about the collection. Here today I thought I would do something different and you see the notes I wrote up while at Curve. Here are my reactions to the line as it was shown to me!
- Voyeur – SUPER soft and there are a lot of colors in the collection! Made with 24% spandex because they listened to customers wanted. Two thongs in this collection for dressing up or down. Small elastic waistband and a big demand for delicate men’s underwear. Available in black white, sky purple and red in 4 styles 2 thongs, briefs and trunk
- Perfekbum – Outside string that goes up the seat that defines your butt. I haven’t seen it done before in mens’ underwear that I can recall. Brief and trunk/boy short have a logo waistband. Colors available in black, white, sky, purple and red.
- Hotshot – crisscross elastic with metal rings and back is super hot, sort of a basket weave. It’s definitely a sexy but different style, this is one you have to see to with your own eyes. Available in four colors purple, black, white and fireman red.
- Kenya – Zebra print – made out with see through pouch with an enhancer that shows off what the wearer wants to show off! Accents are made with rubber like fabric. This gives it a sexier look. Styles are string, thong, brief and trunk/boxer brief and muscle shirt.
- Booster – Enhancer pouch and super thin and feels great. Again they know how to pick amazing fabrics. This is one of the thinnest, stretchy, best feeling fabric I have seen in men’s Underwear. Colors are White, black, peter and royal blue. Enhancer is made out of the same material as Voyeur with 24% spandex, Available in a Thong, brief and trunk/boxer brief
- Glory – One style group, it is a thong with metal eyelets surrounded by leather look straps. The thong is super sexy and bordering on fetish wear. It’s definitely now for the shy.
- Master – Brief with armbands attached to the back with a ring and clip. The bands go around biceps. Leather/rubber look fabric with detachable arm bands so you can wear it as a brief
- Heaven – Soft side being brought, with a more of a 9-5-comfort style. This is a “basic collection’ done by Gregg Homme. Cotton/lycra with logo waistband. Made for comfort. Brief, boxer brief, tank and V-neck t-shirt. Available in white and black
- Mood – Same as Heaven but in Microfibre group. So a basic with a sexier fabric. It’s classic and sexy at the same time! Available in a brief, boxer brief, tank and t-shirt.
- Tropics Swimwear – Bold tropic print, Sunny print, and metal signature on side of waistband. 2 types of briefs, one with front seam and other with no seam. This is great for the guy who doesn’t like seams. Not often you see this done today.
- Ocean Swimwear – Basic with a capital B – Solid colors. Super soft martial Front logo will be silver metallic. Basic is not bad, at times you definitely need some classic looks. Available in Black, red, royal and red.
- Retro – swimwear with double waistband win fun colors. Pewter, royal, aqua, magenta, white and purple. These line very much reminds me of a retro almost 70’s feel. Available in six colors and as a square cut and a brief. So it maybe basic but not plain!
Go to the Gregg Homme site and see all the styles. They are amazing and fun. I will say this one of the my favorite collections of the year!