Sizing is the one thing we hear most about here at UNB. Nothing worse then finding the perfect pair of underwear getting it home and find out it doesn’t fit. This is a big problem. Its’, I would say, the biggest complaint in underwear today. In order to remedy this we want to give you some advice, that is generally true, in picking out the best pair.
Here are a few tips to make sure you get the best fit.
- Geography – pay attention to where the underwear is made. Depending on that you can usually gauge if the pairs will run small.
- Runs Smaller: South American (Columbia and Brazil), Central America, Asia (Japan and Indonesia)
- Similar to US: Australia, European (but be careful), Canada
- Online Reviews – Not all of the brands in the areas above run small. If you check our reviews on the major sites, including FreshPair and UnderGear. You can see how well they fit.
- Sizing Guides – Even us brands run small. The best example is Rufskin. They only have small, medium and large and not in the typical sizes. Other brands do that as well. So you can have Mediums that range form 30 to 34 inches.
- Ask – A friend, the company or us! We regularly field questions from readers and are glad to do so. You can also ask on Twitter, Facebook or anywhere. We may have to get back to you but we’ll answer your question!
This is a really quick and dirty guide on sizing. We will cover this a lot more in the next few weeks. We will be doing a massive update on our sizing chart as well. It’s one of the most visited pages here at UNB.