Here are your Sales Briefs for today:
- Males Basics is new and Improved. They have new products and brands from 2x(x)ist, UnderGear and more. Also, join their Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on discounts and promotions. Lastly, check out their eBay store for the best bargains.
- UnderGear is giving you 25% off your order when you buy four or more items. Just use code UGA201 at check out. This sale ends on March 1st. While you are there check out the N Haven line. You will of them if you like really wild prints!
- Fresh Pair.com is celebrating 10 years online! To celebrate they are letting you pick a free gift if you spend $75 or more! There are over 15 great gift options Gifts are valued up to $32. Lastly, take an extra 25% off all clearance, just use code LOW25 at check out!
- Dead Good Undies has the worlds Most Comfortable undies, Obviously! Which means they have the new Chromatic collection, which is the bright colorful line! The fit is amazing and with these great colors it is a great time to check them out if you haven’t!
- Timoteo is having their Super Low Sun Natural swimsuit on sale. The style is their most popular suit and it’s on sale for $38. They have some really great suits and if you don’t like this one I”m sure they will have one you will like!
- NuWear now has Diesel Underwear in stock. They have some of the newest styles. That includes the Burn Baby Burn Briefs, Hot Pink Boxer Brief, and the Undie Party Brief. Check out all the great new styles. Diesel is known for great patterns and designs.
- Jockstrap Central is giving you Free or Discounted shipping on all orders over $50 From now until March 7th at midnight we’re offering free regular shipping on all orders over $50 to everyone in North America. For the rest of the world, we’ll be taking $5.00 off the cost of shipping. Simply place your order, and if your product total is $50 US or more then you’ll qualify for the offers above. North American customers will automatically get a free shipping option and everyone else will get a $5.00 discounted shipping option during checkout. * this offer can not be combined with any discount codes. VICTOR RETURNING! Something to look forward to: Next week we’ll be back in the studio with one of our most popular models ever – Victor. We’re shooting some new products from Male Power plus products from a brand new designer, it’s going to be hot in that studio!
- The Package (www.thepackage.co.uk) is now up and running! You can shop online for all the hottest underwear from the comfort of your own home. With amazing products at very competitive prices and all UK delivery just £1 there is no reason not to shop with The Package! Enter WEB10 to get 10% off your first order.
- Wyzman wants ow to gear up for Spring. The new 201 Punto Blanco line is here. You can check out the new line and get shopping! Make sure you look through the entire line before you buy!
- CIN2U is giving you a free top when you spend $75. This offer ends March 6, and does not include shopping. After order is placed CIN2U will write to you requesting you size preference. All tops are subject to availability.
- Skiviez has the new Clever Line in stock. Clever has some really awesome prints. These aren’t for the shy guy to wear. They have some just fun underwear. One pair I think you should check out is the Clever Kinky Brief! Its fun ad out there!
- Male Basics is giving you 20% off Unico, Clever and MaleBasics this weekend only They think you should give yourself a treat! Just make sure you use code PERSONAL at check out.
- Mensuas is giving you 15% off Joe Snyder. You can save until March 2. No coupons are needed and you can get free shipping for US and Canada customers. Check out the entire line and stock up on Joe Snyder.
- Fresh Pair is giving you the Final Sale and you can take and Extra 40% off all clearance Items. Markdowns up to 65% off + an Extra 40% off at check out. Just enter code LOW40 at check out! This offer expires March 6th.
I’m still working on getting all the info from the different lines to bring to you, but in the mean time, I have all these pics and wanted to run down my time at Magic. It was really fun and from here on out we are going to try to be at all the shows and cover men’s underwear and give you all the info on the new lines. If you aren’t familiar with what Magic is, it’s a big show for retailers to look at and buy all the new lines for both men’s and women’s clothes. But there is a section called “Underwear Alley” where most of the underwear companies are located.
The first thing I have to say is it was really great to meet everyone face-to-face. We have been working with most of the companies for a long time and actually being able to sit down and talk to them was great. I did forget to ask a lot of “What can I report?” and “What is new” But, in my defense, the whole thing was a bit over whelming at times. You see some of the top underwear companies in the world, and you get a chance to look through the lines and it’s like being a kid in a candy store! Then the next day you go, “DOH! I should have asked…”, but that’s what email is for! As a side note, it’s been a little slow getting all the information, because they all have to go back and put in all their orders and get everything shipped to the company. But never fear we’ll get you more info shortly!
With that said, the trip to Magic was a fast one, I basically spent one day in Las Vegas. I flew in Wednesday night, the show runs Tuesday through Thursday. Then took the red eye home on Thursday night. Told you it was fast! I got in and crashed, since the plane landed at 11:30 EST. I got up the next morning and hit the show. It was a mixture of excitement and nervousness.
I got in the show and talked to Eric from Baskit. I dropped my stuff at his booth and then met Eric Turner. I’m sure many of you are aware of him from MegaMuscle and Facebook. As you can see by the pic of us together, he kept saying he was fat, and I was like “Whatever!” Although, he kept cracking me up all day. I will say that I enjoyed seeing him through out the day! The one thing I really want to check out is the new “easy access” pair they have. I am getting more information but it’s going to be a very fun pair.
Candyman, Clever, PPU, Pikante
The next stop was at the Candyman, Clever, PPU and Pikante Booth. These are new companies that we just started working with before attending the show. I got to meet them and go through the collections. One of the things I really loved is they have a line of shape wear that has prints on them. Which are the coolest thing I have seen in a while. We have predicted that shape wear is going to be big and with this latest addition, it will be even bigger. I got a chance to see the Candyman line and it’s just a fun line. My favorite set they had was the vampire one! These are really the first fantasy line for men I ever remember seeing that had some time into creating the line and made it fun! The other lines I love because of the use of prints and patterns. Clever has to be one of the lines I really want to see more of, because of the patterns. They have some really great patterns and prints. I admit I’m a color guy and love it when I see new companies taking risks with colors. I will go into more detail and bring you guys Brief Distractions from the companies!
I got a chance to talk to them for a little bit. They are a line we have only covered in sales information. We have done very little with that and we hope that will change. We have emailed back and forth and I hope we will get more in depth info for you very soon. Punto Blanco reminds me a sport wear line. They have stripes and solids, noting too out there.
I got a chance to talk to them through out the show. I walked around a lot. I think they have a really cool concept in underwear. It’s boxers with a brief built in. I know so many guys who are still wearing boxers, but haven’t made the decision to move to briefs, and these are a great compromise. They have really great colors and styles of the boxers. I am not much of a boxer guy but I did see a few pairs I liked. So, if they got me looking at them, then they are doing something right. They also, were showing their loungewear. I can’t wait for these. Imagine comfy lounge pants with underwear built in, I know it’s not traditionally underwear but this is brilliant concept and I can’t wait for it to come out! We will keep you posted when it’s available.
I like Ginch Gonch, there are many things going on with them. They have come out with their new “I Love” line. Which currently features I love boys and girls lines. They are going to extend it into a few more cities. The I Love London was just released at London Fashion week this past week. They are carrying over the themes of I Love in to some really cool Long Johns. I love that companies are actually experimenting with them. I admit, and I know many out there love the traditional long johns, but I would love some color and fun in long johns. Ginch Gonch has proved this with their previous pairs, such as the Argyle ones. I am talking to them soon so I’ll let you know more out the new lines.
This is the end of Part One! I will finish up tomorrow with the rest! I will go over a few more brands and then we’ll keep you up to date on the hottest men’s underwear!
Today’s Brief Distraction is one from Baskit! Its an older one but a classic in my opinion! Baskit does some great work and we are looking to get yous some of the new shots from them for our distractions! Stay tuned for them.
24% Off Coupon Details: Purchase Style: 7170 White in the next 24 hours on AndrewChristianShop.com and receive 24% off this style only. Does not apply to any other items.Enter code: 24OFF7170 during checkout for the discount.
Offer expires: March 1, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. May not be combined with any other coupons or offers. While supplies last. Offer subject to change at any time without notice.
Click to Start Shopping Now!
Flashback Basic Trunk – The Bubble Butt Swimsuit with Butt Lifting Technology
Flashback “Bubble Butt” Trunk – - This swimwear is a extension of our #1 SELLER. It now comes in all solid colors – which is new for 2010. It features an invisible lifting support built into the seams of the lining of the swimwear. The construction is very comfortable and automatically lifts the buttocks making it look firm and round without the need for any padding, cups or straps. Most people can add up to 1 inch (2.5 cm) onto their current buttocks measurement. Features a matching drawstring with silver colored tip and a custom silver colored cross hand stitched onto left front.
- Add up to 1 inch (2.5 cm) onto your current buttocks measurement
- Completely invisible support structure
- Features a new improved fit for 2010
- Utilizes new fiber technology using Sport UPF 50 fade resistant fabric for a body-hugging fit and quick-drying characteristics
- Lifting mechanism is super comfortable… like wearing a jock strap
- Made in the Andrew Christian Design Studio in Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 80% Nylon / 20% Spandex
- Hand wash, lay flat to dry
- Regular Price $49.00
- Sale price with coupon $37.24
Click to Start Shopping Now!
In the first part of the underwear battle, I looked at the differences and similarities in the styles of underwear on both sides of the pond. Let’s pick up the battle and move on to other aspects!
The biggest difference the 3,000 or so nautical miles causes is cost. Designer underwear is more expensive in the UK than over the pond. UK underwear fans tend to pay the same amount in £ (pounds) what our US friends pay in $ (dollars) for the designer gear – i.e. if a pair costs $22 in the US, we’re likely to pay around £22 for the same item. With the exchange rate currently at around 1.55 dollars to the pound, that makes quite a difference! That said being said, there is plenty of affordable underwear out there; just don’t expect it to have CK or AussieBum on the waistband.
Costs can be cut if you’re not set on having the latest style as we have a couple of discount chains which tend to sell the less popular or last years styles at cheap prices. Usually these are traditional boxers rather than trunks and most of the time only in very limited colours, often just black or white. But if you’re just bothered about the name on the waistband, it can save you some money.
Underwear designed and produced exclusively for a particular clothing chain is much more popular in the UK. Ask many UK guys what is in their underwear drawer and the answer is likely to be M&S, Next, or something similar. All names that will mean nothing to most people outside of this particular island. These are large clothing chains that cover virtually every town in the UK. The underwear offered by these chains range from the budget to the luxurious, all styles, but are usually quite restrained on colours; the majority being darker shades which is not to my taste at all. I’m all for bright colours! That said, they do produce some very comfy underwear and in days gone by when I wasn’t working and was a poor student, they more than sufficed!
So, there you have it…a quick round-up of underwear styles and buying habits this side of the pond. One thing worth pointing out is that all of what I’ve written is based on my personal observations and not any statistical analysis. Feel free to comment away!
Saxx Apparel has come out with their undies in white. If you have followed Saxx you know they just had black to start out with, it was like Henry Ford “You can have underwear in any color, as long as it’s black!” But they have branched out and they have released the white before I went to Magic. While there I found out that colors are coming this year.
If you are an active guy, I think you should check out Saxx. The design I know looks funky, but the fit is awesome. Check it out and we’ll keep you posted on the colors when they are out! I have enjoyed them, and if anyone else has tried them let me know!
Here is another great pic from the Valentine’s Day! Its the aussieBum Boxer for Valentines Day! This is the awesome model William Price from NorCalBodz
Where do I start – let’s take a quote from Alice in Wonderland, “Begin at the beginning…” and in this case, the beginning is a little about me.
I’m a 32 year old big kid! I studied until I was 27, travelled the world for a year, and now work to travel more! I’ve visited Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, USA, Canada, and Morocco among others over the last few years and love exploring new places and cultures. Outside of work and travel I love photography, torturing myself in the gym, watching hockey (Go Bruins!), and have a large interest in technology and computers (Apple especially).
On the underwear front, the first brand I remember buying was a pair of CK briefs while visiting Boston. At the time, I was a broke student and they cost a fortune in the UK. Seeing them at an affordable price meant they had to be purchased! Since I started earning my own money, I still like CK but they have been superseded by 2xist, AussieBum, and Andrew Christian. Style wise, I used to be exclusively a trunks man, but recently have started wearing briefs and rather like them! The one style I’ve yet to try and want to sample is jockstraps. Watch this space to see how that works out!
Along with reviewing some underwear, I’m also going to be writing some tips on underwear purchasing in the UK and offering some views on the market over here versus the states. Let the underwear battle commence!
On the style front, the UK is a bit more restrained in what you can buy in the shops compared to the US. You would be hard pressed to walk into a department store or use an online version, and purchase a jockstrap. Sports stores stock the specialized ones and rarely one can pick them up in discount stores. If you want designer jockstraps and a choice to boot, the web is your destination of choice.
The most popular styles in the UK are easily boxer briefs or trunks with traditional boxers the next most popular option. Briefs, especially among many younger guys, are not that popular of an option. I particularly like them…designer brands only though!
I’m no expert on style names, but what the US calls bikini briefs, in the UK, they are called Tanga briefs. It would appear this is the case from recently doing some research. I’m sure there are more differences between sub-styles, but the main styles match up well and as long as you know whether you are after a pair of trunks, briefs or boxers, you’ll be in the right ballpark either side of the ocean.
We received this from our friends at Planet Undies and this was too good not to share!
Since one year, all articles of the Brand L’Homme Invisible are introduced on this site within the partnership between Patrice Chevreux the creator of the brand and the company Planet Undies owner of the site. Major part of articles are underwear for men, other articles such as bathing suits and jewels are also present.
L’Homme Invisible kept innovating for further men’s comfort and elegance, either by implementing new technologies (i.e. new fabrics developed and special labelling) or by designing avant-garde models. Every new collection is designed in the purpose of improving men’s comfort. Indeed, the summer 2004 collection has been developed so that the models be minimalist, following a sober aesthetic. All details have been carefully studied for the absolute comfort of men: there is no useless tricks and fewer seams, soft and antibacterial sewing yarns are used to obtain soft and very sensitive fabrics well-adapted to modern life, the cut-outs fit the natural forms of the male body.
The underwear collection is declined in many coloured printed pattern, plain ones with intense colors, seamless and productions based on in particular fabrics as Dévoré.
We received this the other day from our friends at Bone Wear! It seems a lot of brands are getting new models! Which we never turn down aewsome pics of underwear models. I hope you enjoy and here is the info from Bone Wear:
“Bone Wear model Lysle Turner has been working with us for the past 18 months and is currently a student at the University of Pretoria. Lysle is a natural athlete having excelled at cricket, but his cricket career was put on hold to concentrate on his studies in accounting. Lysle remains active by following a daily weight training schedule. His statistics are:
- Height: 1.74m
- Weight: 79kg
- Chest: 40″/ 102cm
- Waist: 32″/ 82cm
- Shoe: 10
See more of Lysle on the ‘Events’ page at www.bonewear.co.za”